WGRZ DealChicken Subscriber Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the DealChicken Subscriber Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) of the State of New York, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and who sign up for WGRZ DealChicken. Employees and contractors of DealChicken and WGRZ Channel 2 (collectively “Sponsor”), Gannett Co., Inc., and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 12 a.m. (E.D.T.) on September 13, 2011 and end at 12 a.m. (E.D.T.) on October 13, 2011 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter by visiting www.DealChicken/http://register.dealchicken.com/BC03BF/launchemail and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Entrants must register to receive daily emails from WGRZ DealChicken.com and all new registered users will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. In addition, all previous subscribers to DealChicken.com as of September 12, 2011 will also automatically be entered into the sweepstakes. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “REGISTER” button. Entries limited to only one (1) entry per registered e-mail address. Each participant may enter the Sweepstakes one time during the Sweepstakes Period. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the DealChicken website or in any email received from Sponsor.
The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries.
4. Winner Selection. On or about October 14, 2011, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Eight (8) Weekly Winners will be selected in random drawings from among all eligible entries received as of 12:00 a.m. on the day prior to the drawing. The Weekly Winners will be selected on September 16, 2011, September 23, 2011, and September 30, 2011, and October 7, 2011. Two (2) Weekly Winners will be selected on September 16, 2011, two (2) Weekly Winners will be selected on September 23, 2011, two (2) Weekly Winners will be selected on September 30, 2011, two (2) Weekly Winners will be selected on October 7, 2011.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an Apple iPad (ARV: $500.00). Each Weekly Winner will receive a $100 Tops Markets gift card. (ARV: $100). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only one prize per person.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Weekly Winners will be notified on or about September 16, 2011, September 23, 2011, and September 30, 2011, and October 7, 2011. The Grand Prize will be notified on or about October 14, 2011. All notifications will be sent to the email address provided on winner’s registration form. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to prize notification may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at WGRZ Channel 2 - 259 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays). Valid photo identification may be required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “DealChicken Subscriber Sweepstakes” is sponsored by WGRZ Channel 2. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after October 14, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “DealChicken Subscriber Sweepstakes”, 259 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Ben Mahshie, email@example.com, 716-849-7657.